Previous Year Based Geography Test1
Full length Mock Test
Full length Mock Test
Origin and evolution of Universe, Solar system Geological History of the Earth Geological Time scale
Latitude and Longitude including important Parallels and Meridians
Motions of the Earth and their effects
Inclination of the Earth's Axis and its effects
Local and Standard Time and the International Date Line, Calendar
Eclipses - Solar, Lunar
The Lithosphere - Interior structure of the earth, Earth's crust, Classification of rocks.
Landform Development - First order (continental drift theory, sea floor spreading, plate tectonics theory), Second order (Mountains, Plateaus, Plains & other landforms)
Internal forces & their impact - Volcanoes, Earthquakes, Folding, Faulting, Isostasy)
External forces & their impact - Weathering, Erosion & landforms thus developed
The Atmosphere - Structure, Composition Aurora and Magnetic Storms Weather & Climate
Insolation, Heat Budget, Distribution of temperature, Temperature Inversion
Pressure and Pressure belts Winds - Planetary, Seasonal and Local; Jet Streams Precipitation - Forms & Types, Distribution of rainfall Air Masses, Cyclones and anti-cyclones World Climatic regions
Oceans of the world - Features, Ocean waves, currents, tides & Tsunamis, Temperature & Salinity distribution, marine resources Soils - Classification, distribution, erosion & Conservation
Current Affairs Mock Test 16(16-28h February)
Political systems: Democratic & Non-Democratic, Parliamentary & Presidential, Unitary & Federal, Direct and Representative, Republic and Monarchy etc.
Constitutionalism Historical Underpinnings Evolution & Making of the Constitution Features and Significant Provisions The Preamble The Union and its Territory Citizenship Fundamental Rights Directive Principles Fundamental Duties Amendment of Constitution Emergency Provisions Constitutional Bodies Election Commission Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
State Public Service Commission (SPSC)
Finance Commission CAG
Attorney general of India
Advocate general of India
Special officer for Linguistic Minorities
National Commission for Scheduled Castes (NCSC)
National Commission for Scheduled Tribes (NCST) Non-Constitutional Bodies NITI Aayog
NHRC, Governing Council, SHRC, CIC, SIC, CVC, CBI, Lokpal, Lokayukta, NCPCR etc.
Environment and its components Ecology and Functions of an ecosystem
• Terrestrial ecosystems
• Aquatic ecosystems Environmental problems:
• Climate Change
• Ozone Depletion
• Mitigation Strategies
• India and Climate Change Environmental pollution
• Air pollution
• Water Pollution
• Soil Pollution
• Noise Pollution
• Radioactive pollution
• Solid Waste
• Bioremediation "Biodiversity
• Basic Concepts
• Plant and Animal Diversity
• Marine Organisms
• Threat to Biodiversity
• Protected Area Network: National parks, Wildlife sanctuaries, Biosphere reserves, Reserved and protected forests, Conservation and community reserves, Village and panchayat Forests, Private protected areas, Conservation areas
• Biodiversity Conservation efforts
• Indian Biodiversity ad conservation efforts
• Bioprospecting, Biosafety, Biopiracy Conservation efforts: India and World
• Institutional and Organizational mechanisms
• Environmental Acts and Policies
• Environmental conventions Sustainable development
Environmental Monitoring and Impact Assessment"
• Balance of Payments: Definition, Current and Capital Accounts, Convertibility, Items Included in BoP, BoP and BoT
• Basic Terms and Concepts, Equity and debt Instruments, Primary market and Secondary markets etc.
• Recent trends in Agriculture Sector,
• Cropping System and Pattern;
• Agricultural Marketing and Reforms;
• Agricultural Research;
• Sustainable Agriculture;
• Animal Husbandry
• PDS "• Farm distress and government initiatives Industrial Sector:
• Industrial Policies,
• Labour Reforms
• Companies Act
• Make in India, Skill India
• Challenges in Industrial development
• Organised and unorganised sector
• PPP, Investment models
• Recent initiatives taken by the govt., etc.
• Issues and potential of services sector
• Government policies etc.
Five year Plans: Priorities and Performance, Issues related to planning Economic Policies till 1991
Economic Reforms since 1991: End of license Raj, Liberalization, Privatisation and Globalisation, FDI, FII, issues, challenges etc. Infrastructure: IT, Communication, Urbanisation, Transport, Mining, etc. International Institutions: WTO, IMF and World Bank: Purpose and Objectives, Organization and Functions, Working and Evaluation, Reforms etc.,"
India Economy (I)
National Income Accounting
Concepts: GDP, GNP, Measurement "Money and Banking
Function of Money, Evolution of Money etc.
Banking: Need of Banks, Functions, Types, Banking Reforms, Central Bank and its role
Government Budgeting and Fiscal Policy
Budgeting, types, its evolution in India, Process, Components etc.
Public finance, Revenue and Expenditure, Deficits, Taxes, Debts etc.
Definition, types etc.
Measures to control
Unemployment and Poverty
Definitions, types and measurement"
National Income Accounting:
India under East India Company's Rule
• Struggle among European powers in India
• Regulating Acts and Charter Acts: Regulating Act of 1773, Pitt's India Act 1773 and Charter acts of 1784, 1793, 1813,1833, 1853
• Indian Kingdoms in 18th century: Marathas, Punjab, Mysore, Hyderabad etc.
• British Expansion policy: Doctrine of lapse, Subordinate alliance etc.
• Economic policies and their impact
• Education Policies
• Works of British Governor Generals
• Socio - Religious Reform and Revival Movements in the 19th century India: Brahmo Samaj, Arya Samaj, Theosophical Society, Ramakrishna Movement, Muslim reform movements, Parsi reform movements, Sikh Reform Movements etc.
• The civil, Peasant and Tribal movements of 18th and 19th century.
• The Revolt of 1857
• Changes in Indian Administration after 1858
Modern Indian History (I)
India in the late Eighteenth Century The Advent of the Europeans and British Conquest of India
The British Administrative Structure, Reform, Impact and Organization of Government of India Socio - Religious Reform & Revivalist Movements in 19th - 20th centuries Popular Civil, Peasant and Tribal movements National Movement:
- The Revolt of 1857 & changes after 1857
Economic and Social Geography: India &
• Land Resources
• Water Resources
• Mineral and Energy Resources
• Transport and Communication
• Foreign Trade
• Population, Migration, Settlements
• Continents (Land, city, rivers, agriculture, resources, industries, transport etc.):
Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Antarctica, Europe, and Australia
• World Population, Distribution & Density, Races & Tribes, Settlement & Migration
Current Affair Mock Test 7
[ Covering current affair of October 1-15 ]
UPSC CSE Prelims Previous Year Based Polity Mock Test 1
Physical Geography: India
• Introduction: Location, Area and Boundaries
• Structure and Relief: Physiographic Divisions
• Drainage System
• Weather, Climate and Seasons
• Natural Vegetation, Plant and Animal Life
Physical Geography: World
• Solar System & The Earth: Origin, Geological History, Motions of Earth- Rotation, Revolution
• Latitude & Longitude
• Lithosphere: Earth's crust, Rocks, Volcanoes, Earthquakes, folding & faulting, Continental drift, Plate tectonics, Ocean floor spreading
• Landforms across the world: Rivers and lakes, Mountain and Peaks, Plateaus
• The Atmosphere: Structure, Weather & Climate, Solar Radiation, Heat Balance & Temperature, Pressure & Winds, Water in the Atmosphere, World Climate Types
• The Hydrosphere: Ocean water and their circulation
• Soil Geography: Types, Erosion, Conservation
Current Affair Mock Test 5 based on Current affairs till 15 th September
It will Cover The Current Affair of August[ Part 2] , read the current affair for august before attempting the test .
Part 1 Of The Current Affair Mock Test for August 2016 Current Affair .
GS Paper 1